Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Thoughts Frolic Together in a Field of Ideas in My Brain on Their Own Accord & Have No Regard For What They Put Me Through On A Daily Basis

When I'm alone with my thoughts for too long, they tend to spiral out of control.  I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are similar to me, but sometimes, I even scare myself.  I'll be sitting at work and just snort or giggle at some random thought, and I'll catch Kay giving me a look like she's curious, but she doesn't know if she's that curious.  Most of the time, I try to trace the crazy line of thinking backwards so I can share, but then it usually loses its... luster... and isn't as funny anymore.  I guess I've kind of illustrated my weird way of thinking in this blog, because sometimes I'll go off on a tangent and digress, but, at least when it's on paper, it's not as random and piece-meal as my brain usually makes it.

(Take for example, the above paragraph ... I took a sentence and ran with it with no censor and I'll bet I've lost my audience already... heck, I would've given up myself a long time ago if it were possible.)

But anyways, I'll focus this blog into something a little bit more ... worthwhile. 

I've taken pictures of the four scarves I made for my family and friends. 

This was Holly's scarf:

Papa Hunt's scarf:



(Are we noticing a pattern form?)

Mom's scarf:

And Suzy's scarf:


I'm proud of them :) Again, if anybody wants a pattern, just let me know and I'll be glad to relay it to ya!

I'm not sure what else I've got for this blog ... no other crocheted items .. I've slacked a little since I was under a time crunch before Christmas.  One of my Christmas presents was an Amazon gift card, so I've been able to go and buy the rest of the books in some of the series I read, so I've kinda been catching back up on those... of course I have to re-read the first book before I can read the rest of them, so it'll take me a bit longer.  Amazon won that battle...

My fiancee saw a present that Kay made her boyfriend (a Tetris blanket made out of 160 crocheted Granny squares) and so he's been hounding me to make him a blanket... but I have no idea what I'll make.  Kay said I should maybe make a Yankees one .. so I've kind of toyed with that idea.  I'm sure I can find a pattern, but I might try to make one from my own brain .. but that doesn't always work out ... But I did get a gift card to a craft store, so I've been fighting the urge to run into the store and jump into the yarn aisle and frolic and drool and touch all of the yarn and actually be able to afford to buy some!  Usually, Kay or I make up some excuse (usually a pretty weak one) to go and we both make a beeline for the yarn and just spend time touching and oohing and aahing saying stuff like, "Ooh, I love this yarn!" and "Ooh, feel this one!"  We'd spend hours if we could...

One day, she and I were in the yarn aisle talking about colors and whatnot when these two little old ladies came in and were doing the same exact thing ... she looked up at me and whispered, "That's us..." and we cracked up and she ran away and left me standing there trying not to be too conspicuous.  We weren't laughing at them, we were laughing at the fact that they were literally an older version of us .. standing there debating with each other on how many skeins of yarn they should buy and what color.. which was EXACTLY what she and I had been doing for like twenty minutes.

My wedding looms closer.. so that's always a project I'm involved in.  I've always wanted to be married in October, so after I became engaged, I was able to look up the football schedule for my college football team so I can plan my wedding for the bye weekend which usually falls in October.  I set it for 10/20/12.  Well, today, I just received word that they CHANGED the schedule for next year and the bye weekend is actually the weekend before.  How dare they!! So, I looked it up myself, and alas, they did.  But, the game for that weekend is an away game, so I don't think I'll have to change the date.  It wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't already scheduled the church & the reception location.  I would be absolutely heartbroken if half of my family didn't show up for my wedding (or left early) because of that game.  I've been reassured that they wouldn't do that to me, but I know them very well.. and they are die hard fans and so am I... but I was promised they'd be there and wouldn't flake out on me.  You'd think that me being their only sister/daughter would be enough.. but no... we live in the South, where football reigns over all.

I believe most of the major details have been planned already .. church is booked, reception location is handled, dress and veil are bought, bridesmaids dresses and shoes have been picked, cake has been ordered... I need to get a couple of items for myself, shoes, corset, jewelry, the doohickey I wear on my thigh... can't remember the name at the moment.  We need to find a photographer and I believe that may be all.  We have to get catering and alcohol from the reception site, so I guess I need to finalize the menu, but it's not like I have to decide on a caterer.  I need to pick out flowers and see how I want to decorate ... I know I want low wide-mouth glass bowls with blue rocks and water and floating water lilies for the center pieces of each of the tables.  I'm going to have my hair side swept and with a big white lily tucked above my hair.  I think it'll be really pretty.  I'm trying to be money-wise, so I'm not planning anything SUPER elaborate.  My fiancee and I are booking our cruise for our honeymoon at the beginning of the year with our tax return money.  Ooh, and we need to find a house to rent for his relatives to stay in while they come down since they are from the North.  I do believe that's it.. I hope I'm not forgetting anything. 

I may have had a slight..mini...breakdown a little bit ago because of all of the pressure coming onto me from all different sides regarding the wedding.  I realized I was trying to make everybody else happy and I wasn't focusing on myself.  I mean ... this is MY wedding... It'll be my day to shine .. so I feel like I need to focus a bit more on my happiness.  Well, it's late and I can hear my bed calling my name... so I'll bid you all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment