Friday, November 29, 2013

Crochet Clouds Baby Blanket

I have a newborn niece that I haven't met yet that I needed to make a Christmas present for.  I didn't have a whole of time to devote to this blanket since I have 5 Ninja Turtles I have to make for a nephew, an in-progress UGA baby blanket for my baby, plus the other stuff I want to make for my baby before he/she is born.  So, voila .. literally took me an afternoon.  I thought about embellishing it a bit with a scallop edging, but I didn't have any more of the cotton candy poofy yarn, so oh well.

The simple granny square in the middle was made using a random-skein-bought-from-a-garage-sale.  It was called Cotton Candy and it was a bulk weight yarn.  I probably would have made it bigger if I had more yarn, but what you see, is what I had to work with.  That's all I got for ya.  If you are unsure how to make a granny square, a good tutorial is found here: Crochet Simple Granny Square How To

  • The white edging was made by attaching the new yarn by chaining 3, then double crochet once in each stitch that you can find (kinda tricky with the poofy fluffy yarn, but it doesn't have to be exact).  In each corner of the first row, I double crocheted two in a single stitch. 
  • Once the row was completed, I chained three, then started over again.  This row, in each corner I double crocheted two in a single stitch, twice (4 total stitches in the corner).  I didn't keep count as I went, it just depends on how big you want to make your middle granny square, so I can't tell you how many you need to go before you double up.  I just eyeballed what I thought would be the corner stitch.  Carry on.
  • Once the row is completed, chain three, double crochet once in  each stitch.  In the corner (again, eyeball it), I double crocheted in a single stitch, three times (6 total in the corner).  Carry on.
  • So, essentially, you should have picked up on what I did there ... in each successive row's corner, add 2 stitches.  So, row 4, you should have 8 double crochets (taking up four stitches) in each corner, row 5 you should have 10, ect. ect.  Carry on for as long as you wish, making the blanket as big as your little crocheting heart desires.

 So, this pattern isn't exact.  Shoot me.  I wasn't necessarily planning on making it into a big project.  As I said earlier, I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on this blanket.  


Questions?  Comments?  Concerns?  Ask!SPNG Tags: Sam / sturgeon face / seems legit
Looking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif? This blog organizes them so you don’t have to spend hours hunting them down.



No comments:

Post a Comment